Ford Escort Replacement Keys & Remote Key Fobs
If you are looking for a replacement keyfob for your Ford Escort you need to be aware of three possible scenarios:
1. Your vehicle comes with a factory-installed system and requires a factory key fob.
You should know that if you had the transmitter and lost it or broke it. Then all you need is to use year make and model search and find your remote. Or just scroll down and choose the fob based on the product title and image. Compare the FCC ID and button configuration of your existing key fob to make sure you found the right one.
2. Your car has an aftermarket system and requires an aftermarket key fob.
How you can identify if an aftermarket system was installed in your car?
- Two clues would be if you have a valet switch or button installed where the driver can access it or an LED light installed somewhere where the driver can see it.
- If you have a remote start system installed there may be an antenna placed on the inside of the windshield.
- A sticker associated with the Brand of aftermarket system on the vehicle glass to warn thieves to move on.
- Aftermarket system owner's manual or warranty card in the glove compartment.
If you find that you do have an aftermarket system, locate the brain of the system (also called the system's module or receiver) below the dash. The wires from the valet switch/button and the LED light will lead to the brain of the system.
Click here https://www.remotesandkeys.com/category/remotes-for-aftermarket-systems then follow the instructions to search by Brand and Model name of the aftermarket system.
3. Less common, especially in newer-year vehicles, your vehicle may have been produced without a factory system and an aftermarket system wasn? ever installed and would have to get a whole system installed to acquire a remote.
How to tell if your Escort has keyless entry?
You will need to provide us a VIN number so we can look up or you can call your nearby dealer parts department with your VIN number and ask if your vehicle comes with factory keyless entry.