For 1995-1997 Crown Victoria, 1995-1997 Continental, 1997-1998 Mark VIII, 1995-1997 Town Car, 1995-1997 Grand Marquis:
1. Enter the five-digit permanent code into the keyless entry keypad. The code is typically written in the owner’s manual, printed on the code card. It may also be printed on a sticker in the trunk on the underside of the trunk lid or on the trunk lid support. If you can not find it the Dealer can provide it from the VIN number.
2. Within five seconds press 1/2 button.
3. Within five seconds, press and hold any button on the first remote until the locks cycle to confirm programming success.
4. Within five seconds press any button on a second remote if you have. Repeat this for all additional remotes including the old ones. You can program up to four.
5. Press 7/8 and 9/0 together to end programming mode.
For 1999-2006 Crown Victoria:
1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds, with the 4th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.
2. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
3. Within 20 seconds press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
4. Turn ignition to OFF. Door locks will cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
For 1999-2006 Grand Marquis:
1. Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN (as far as you can go without cranking the engine) four times within 3 seconds, ending in the RUN position. The locks will then lock and unlock automatically, confirming program mode has been entered.
2. Press ANY button on the transmitter to be programmed. NOTE: When the signal from the remote transmitter is accepted by the vehicle, the LED will flash. When the first keyless entry transmitter is programmed, all existing keyless entry remote transmitters are erased.
3. If additional keyless entry remote transmitters are to be programmed (including the existing remotes), repeat step 2 within 5 seconds.
4. To exit program mode, turn the ignition to OFF or wait 10 seconds.
For 1998 Grand Marquis and 1998 Crown Victoria: Have a local automotive locksmith connect programming devices to your vehicle to make the vehicle learn new remotes.