1998-2001 vehicles with the RS3000 VIP systems use this grey remote. The original part number was 08191-00871. That was a grey 2 button remote with red LED light which had an FCC of BAB237131-022. Later Toyota discontinued that part number and replaced it with PT398-07101 which has an FCC ID of BAB237131-056. Remote is tested on a keyless entry tester for radio signal strength, battery strength, and proper functioning before shipping to you. This remote transmits at 304MHz. The top button is used for one vehicle with VIP system and the bottom button is for a different vehicle with the VIP system.
Works on these vehicles when equipped with the dealer installed system, not the factory installed system:
1998-1999 Toyota 4Runner
1998-1999 Toyota Avalon
1998-1999 Toyota Camry
1998-1999 Toyota Celica
1998-2002 Toyota Corolla
1998 Toyota Paseo
1998-2000 Toyota Rav4
1998-2000 Toyota Sienna
1999-2001 Toyota Solara
1998 Toyota Supra
1998 Toyota T100
1998-2001 Toyota Tercel
2000-2002 Toyota Tundra
To add new remotes and delete lost remotes:
1. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
2. Press and hold the receiver PROGRAMMING SWITCH/BUTTON for 3 seconds. In some cases the button cannot be accessed with a finger - use a pencil or similar narrow object to poke through the Programming Button access hole. For most vehicles, the receiver is located underneath either the driver or passenger front seats. On others it is behind the driver?? dash. In the case of some Camry??, the receiver can be accessed by gently prying out the black faceplate behind the mirror control switch. The black faceplate is approx. 5 inches wide by 3 inches tall.
3. The STATUS MONITOR LED (on dash or center console) turns on for 5 seconds. For some vehicles, a double chirp of the horn is heard instead of the flashing light.
4. Within 5 seconds of lighting the status MONITOR LED, press and release the transmitter?? TOP or BOTTOM button (either button on your REMOTE CONTROL can be programmed to operate the system - the other button can be programmed to operate a second Toyota vehicle with the same system).
5. The STATUS MONITOR LED turns off, the Piezo chirper chirps once, and the exterior lights flash once. In some cases, the only response is a single horn chirp.
6. To program an additional remote, repeat steps 2-4.
7. Turn OFF the ignition.
If you can?? find the receiver, view the most common locations a Toyota technician might install it: