1990-1997 Toyota vehicles with the RS-3000 VIP systems use this remote. This is a replacement for Toyota Part Number 08191-00870 and FCC ID BAB237131-022 with Black case (not grey case). Toyota later discontinued the original part number and made PT398-07100 which has an FCC ID of BAB237131-056. Remote is tested on a keyless entry tester for radio signal strength, battery strength, and proper functioning before shipping to you. This remote transmits at 304MHz. The top button is used for one vehicle and the bottom vehicle is used for another if you have two vehicles with the VIP system.
Works on these vehicles when equipped with dealership installed system rather than factory installed system:
1990-1997 Toyota 4Runner
1995-1997 Toyota Avalon (w/Dealer installed)
1990-1996 Toyota Camry
1997 Toyota Camry (w/Dealer installed)
1990-1997 Toyota Celica
1990-1997 Toyota Cotolla
1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
1991-1995 Toyota MR2
1992-1997 Toyota Paseo
1993-1995 Toyota Pickup
1991-1997 Toyota Previa
1996-1997 Toyota Rav-4
1991-1997 Toyota Supra
1993-1997 Toyota T100
1995-1997 Toyota Tacoma
1993-1997 Toyota Tercel
To add new remotes and delete lost remotes:
1. Insert the key into the ignition, and turn it to the ON position (as far as you can go without cranking the engine).
2. Press and hold the receiver PROGRAMMING SWITCH/BUTTON for 3 seconds. In some cases the button cannot be accessed with a finger - use a pencil or similar narrow object to poke through the Programming Button access hole. For most vehicles, the receiver is located underneath either the driver or passenger front seats. On others it is behind the driver’s dash. In the case of some Camry’s, the receiver can be accessed by gently prying out the black faceplate behind the mirror control switch. The black faceplate is approx. 5 inches wide by 3 inches tall.
3. The STATUS MONITOR LED (on dash or center console) turns on for 5 seconds. For some vehicles, a double chirp of the horn is heard instead of the flashing light.
4. Within 5 seconds of lighting the status MONITOR LED, press and release the transmitter’s TOP or BOTTOM button (either button on your REMOTE CONTROL can be programmed to operate the system - the other button can be programmed to operate a second Toyota vehicle with the same system).
5. The STATUS MONITOR LED turns off, the Piezo chirper chirps once, and the exterior lights flash once. In some cases, the only response is a single horn chirp.
6. To program an additional remote, repeat steps 2-4.
7. Turn OFF the ignition.
If you can’t find the receiver, view the most common locations a Toyota technician might install it: