Mazda 6 Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Begin with keys out of ignition.
2. Close all doors.
3. Open driver side door and leave open.
4. Perform the following steps within 24 seconds:
a. Insert key in ignition
b. Turn key to On and Off
c. Repeat step b two more times
d. Remove key from ignition.
e. Push driver door frame button three times (black rubber button located on driver door frame that tells the vehicle whether of not door is closed, similar to your refrigerator door button)
5. The doors should automatically lock and unlock at this point signaling that the vehicle is now in programming mode. If not, wait 40 seconds and return to Step 4.
6. All transmitters need to be programmed at this time, including the old ones. Push any button on a transmitter two times. The door lock actuators should lock then unlock or a chime should sound at this point signaling that the vehicle has accepted the new transmitter code.
a. If there is only one transmitter, press any button on the same transmitter twice until the door lock actuators lock then unlock or a chime sounds. Repeat this step one last time with the same transmitter for a total of three programmings.
b. If there are two transmitters, press any button on the second transmitter twice until the door lock actuators lock then unlock or a chime sounds. Repeat this step one last time with the second transmitter for a total of three programmings.
Mazda 3 Remote Programming Instructions:
1. Remove key from ignition
2. Close all doors.
3. Open driver’s door. Perform steps 4-6 within 24 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON and back to LOCK position three times
5. Close and open driver’s door three times
6. Door locks should lock and unlock automatically (if they do not wait 40 seconds and repeat procedure starting at step 1.)
7. Press UNLOCK button of each keyless remote to be programmed twice, door locks should lock and unlock after each remote is programmed. (If door locks do not lock and unlock proceed as follows: Close and open driver’s door once, door should lock and unlock twice. If door locks do not lock and unlock, go back to step 3.)
8. Exit vehicle and test remote(s).