For 2000-2002 Lincoln LS: These vehicles require special tools to perform programming. A local automotive locksmith can do it for you.
For 2007-2011 Ford Crown Victoria:
1. Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 3 seconds, with the 4th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode.
2. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
3. Within 20 seconds press any button on second keyless remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.
4. Turn ignition to OFF. Door locks will cycle to indicate end of programming mode.
For 2000-2006 Ford Focus:
1. Turn the ignition from position 1 to position 3 four times in six seconds, ending in position 1. A chime will sound.
2. Press and hold any button on the remote until a chime sounds. This indicates the remote has been learned.
3. Within 10 seconds, repeat step 2 for each remote. A chime will sound after each remote has been learned.
4. Turn the ignition to position 3 to end programming.
For 1998-2003 Lincoln Town Car:
1. Cycle the ignition from OFF to RUN (as far as you can go without cranking the engine) four times within 3 seconds, ending in the RUN position. The locks will then lock and unlock automatically, confirming program mode has been entered.
2. Press ANY button on the transmitter to be programmed. NOTE: When the signal from the remote transmitter is accepted by the vehicle, the LED will flash. When the first keyless entry transmitter is programmed, all existing keyless entry remote transmitters are erased.
3. If additional keyless entry remote transmitters are to be programmed (including the existing remotes), repeat step 2 within 5 seconds.
4. To exit program mode, turn the ignition to OFF or wait 10 seconds.
For 1998-2002 Mercury Cougar:
1. Insert the keys in the ignition and turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN, 4 times within 3 seconds, ending in OFF. The vehicle will remain in programming mode for 20 seconds indicated by the LED light in the instrument panel being illuminated continuously.
2. Press ANY button on a keyless entry remote transmitter. When the signal from the remote is accepted the LED will flash. NOTE: When the first keyless entry remote transmitter is programmed, all existing keyless entry remote transmitters are erased.
3. Repeat the previous step for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle after a 2 second delay from the LED flash of the previous remote.
4. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position or wait until 20 seconds after step 1, to exit program mode.
For all other vehicles this remote works on, use these instructions to add new remotes to your vehicle:
1. Insert the keys in the ignition and turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN, up to eight times within ten seconds, ending in OFF. When the vehicle has successfully entered programming mode, it will lock and then unlock all door locks automatically.
(Note: The RUN position is as far as you can turn the key without cranking the engine. If the door locks do not cycle indicating programming mode has been entered, try the procedure without doing step 1 and having the driver door closed. If you still can’t get into programming mode after trying this numerous times both ways then you either do not have the factory keyless entry system or it is not functioning properly. In many vehicles you should end in the RUN position and not the OFF position. If you have anti-theft deterrent then before doing this step you should open the driver door and cycle the power door locks twice. This means you press LOCK, UNLOCK, LOCK, UNLOCK. Step ones says to turn from OFF to RUN up to eight times. If the locks cycle before eight times then move onto step 2 immediately. Do not continue cycling the ignition switch.)
2. Within 15 seconds, press ANY button on a keyless entry remote transmitter. The doors will lock and then unlock to confirm that each keyless entry remote transmitter has been activated.
(Note: When the first keyless entry remote transmitter is programmed, all existing keyless entry remote transmitters are erased.)
3. Repeat step 2 immediately for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle including your old ones (if any.)
4. If the door locks do not respond for any keyless entry remote transmitter, wait 10 seconds and press the button again.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position or wait up to 30 seconds after step 2, to exit program mode. If a keyless entry remote transmitter has been activated, the vehicle may lock and unlock all doors one last time to confirm.