2008 Isuzu Ascender Remote Programming Procedure:
WARNING: Before beginning programming mode, hold all of the remote you want to use on the car, including old ones you want to keep working. At the time you program the fob, all previous learned remotes will be cleared from the memory. The other fobs will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close all car doors, windows closed, wait for dome light to go off.
2. Put the key into the ignition.
3. Press and Hold the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-do not release until step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Switch the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go WITHOUT activating the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Switch the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Switch the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The car will lock and unlock the doors to confirm.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter in unison until the door locks cycle. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 for each and every additional transmitter(including any existing remotes).
12. Flip the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the remote learning function.