2006 Buick Rainier Remote Programming Procedure:
IMPORTANT: Before beginning remote programming mode, have with you all of the remote you will be using on the vehicle, including old ones you want to keep working. The moment you program the remote, all previous learned keyfobs will be erased from the memory. The other fobs will not be functional until you program the keyfobs again.
1. Shut all vehicle doors, all windows closed, wait for dome light to go off.
2. Put the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Flip the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go WITHOUT cranking the engine).
6. Move the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Move the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Let go of the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors by itself.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter all together until the door locks lock and unlock. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 for each additional remote(including any existing transmitters).
12. Rotate the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the remote programming mode.