2005 Buick Rainier Remote Programming Procedure:
WARNING: Before initiating fob programming mode, hold every remote you want to use on the vehicle, including old ones you want to keep working. Once you program the remote, all previous learned keyfobs will be wiped out from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the keyfobs again.
1. Close all vehicle doors, all windows closed, wait for dome light to turn off.
2. Put key in ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-do not release until step 9.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Move the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go WITHOUT cranking the engine).
6. Flip the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Flip the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Flip the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors to confirm.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter as well until the door locks cycle. This step may take up to Half a minute.
11. Repeat step 10 for every additional keyfob(including any existing fobs).
12. Rotate the ignition switch to the ON position in order to depart the remote programming method.