2004 Buick Rainier Remote Programming Procedure
IMPORTANT: Before entering fob programming mode, have in-hand all keyfob you want to use on the car, including old ones you want to keep working. The moment you program the fob, all previous codes will be taken out from the memory. The other keyfobs will not be functional until you program the remotes again.
1. Close all car doors, all windows closed, wait for dome light to turn off.
2. Put the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-don't let go until step 9.
4. Perform steps 5-8 quickly.
5. Switch the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go WITHOUT cranking the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Flip the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The car will lock and unlock the doors by itself.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter as well until the door locks cycle. This step may take up to Half a minute.
11. Repeat step 10 for each additional remote(including any existing remotes).
12. Move the ignition switch to the ON position in order to quit the fob programming function.