2001 Cadillac Escalade Remote Programming Procedure:
NOTE: Before beginning remote learning mode, hold all remote you will be using on the vehicle, including old ones you want to keep working. The moment you program the fob, all previous learned keyfobs will be wiped out from the memory. The other keyfobs will not be functional until you program the remotes again.
1. Shut all car doors, all windows closed, wait for dome light to go off.
2. Put the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release in step 9.
4. Do steps 5 to 8 very fast.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go WITHOUT starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Flip the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Let go of the power unlock button on the door panel. The car will lock and unlock the doors to confirm.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter as well until the door locks cycle. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat step 10 for each additional transmitter(including any existing remotes).
12. Rotate the ignition switch to the ON position in order to exit the fob programming mode.