2006 GMC Envoy Remote Programming Procedure:
IMPORTANT: Before entering fob learning mode, have in possession all remote you want to use on the car, including old ones you want to keep working. The moment you program the transmitter, all previous learned remotes will be eliminated from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close all vehicle doors, have windows closed, wait for dome light to go off.
2. Put the key into the ignition.
3. Press and Hold the power UNLOCK button on the driver’s door panel-do not release until step 9.
4. Perform steps 5-8 quickly.
5. Rotate the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go WITHOUT starting the engine).
6. Rotate the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Flip the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Move the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The car will lock and unlock the doors to confirm.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter all together until the door locks lock and unlock. This step may take up to Half a minute.
11. Repeat step 10 for each additional transmitter(including any existing remotes).
12. Rotate the ignition switch to the ON position in order to quit the fob programming function.