1992 Buick Riviera Factory Keyless Entry Remote Programming Procedure
1. Switch the ignition towards the ON position (don't crank the engine.)
2. Locate the VAC Programming Connector next to the keyless entry receiver inside trunk. This is the green plastic connector with one black/white wire leading up to it. The connector isn't plugged into anything. You may need to pull back the trim to gain access to it.
3. The programming connector has one terminal. Ground this terminal to the trunk hatch or antenna. The door locks will automatically cycle (lock and unlock) to point out that programming mode has started. Ensure that the programming connector stays grounded throughout process.
4. Push UNLOCK on the remote control once. The door locks will cycle once to indicate that ther keyfob has been programmed and all previously stored remotes are removed from memory.
a. If only one remote control is to work on your car then press UNLOCK again on the same transmitter. The door locks will cycle to verify. Skip to step 5.
b. If a second remote should be learned by system, push the UNLOCK button for the 2nd fob once. The door locks will cycle to verify.
5. Remove jumper wire you employed to ground the VAC programming plug.