1991 Buick Reatta Factory Keyless Entry Remote Programming Procedure
Before starting the procedure have both keyfobs in hand. Failing to utilize both keyfobs during the the method will render the missing remote not working. For anyone who is only programming one keyfob then program it as remote 1 and again as remote 2.
The whole programming procedure has to be completed within 30 seconds of grounding VAC reprogramming connector (step 2). In the event the procedure isn't completed then begin again at step 1.
1. Switch the ignition to ON.
2. Look in the trunk beneath the rear shelf between the location where the speakers are mounted. Ground the green single wire VAC connector located at the keyless entry receiver module (see diagram).
3. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock on their own signifying that you've entered programming mode.
4. Press UNLOCK on remote 1 twice (pause one second between presses.)
5. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock on their own.
6. Repeat step 4 through 5 for remote 2.
7. Take away ground wire from green connector.
Trouble-shooting: In case the receiver isn't located on the back shelf then search for it inside of the trunk just on top of the left wheelwell.