1990 Buick Riviera Factory Keyless Entry Remote Programming Procedure
1. Switch the ignition to the ON position (don't start the engine.)
2. Find the VAC Programming Connector next to the keyless entry receiver inside trunk. This is the green plastic connector with one black/white wire leading up to it. The connector isn't plugged into anything. You might need to pull back the trim to access it.
3. The programming connector has one terminal. Ground this terminal to the trunk hatch or antenna. The door locks will automatically cycle (lock and unlock) to indicate that programming mode has started. Make certain the programming connector stays grounded during the programming.
4. Push UNLOCK on the fob once. The door locks will lock and unlock one time to depict that ther transmitter has been learned by system and all previously stored remotes are deleted from memory.
a. If only one remote control is to work on the car then press UNLOCK again on the same keyfob. The door locks will cycle to verify. Skip to step 5.
b. If a second remote should be learned by system, push the UNLOCK button on your 2nd remote once. The door locks will cycle to validate.
5. Remove jumper wire you employed to ground the keyless entry programming plug.