1989 Buick Reatta Factory Keyless Entry Remote Programming Procedure
Before beginning the procedure have both remotes in hand. Failing to make use of both transmitters while in the the method will render the missing keyfob not working. When you are only programming one fob then program it as remote 1 and again as remote 2.
The whole programming method must be completed within 30 seconds of grounding VAC reprogramming connector (step 2). In the event the procedure is not completed then start again at step 1.
1. Switch the ignition to ON.
2. Look in the trunk below the rear shelf between the place that the speakers are mounted. Ground the green single wire VAC connector located at the keyless entry receiver module (see diagram).
3. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock automatically indicating that you've entered programming mode.
4. Push UNLOCK on remote 1 twice (pause one second between presses.)
5. Wait for door locks to lock and unlock by themselves.
6. Repeat step 4 to 5 for remote 2.
7. Remove ground wire from green connector.
Trouble shooting: In case the receiver is not situated on the back shelf then search for it within the trunk just above the left wheelwell.